Musings with the Pastor. A really big “God Bless You” and our most sincere thank you goes out to Sister Connie Metters. The Lord gave her the “Prayer is Power” vision and with His help she brought this program concept to fruition.
On last Sunday we experienced the culmination of this lovely, God-inspired, effort with a Prayer is Power party. It is this Pastor’s desire that we will continue to under-gird our young people with our prayers and our involvement in their lives.
The wise man tells us in Proverbs 2:1-6:
- “My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee;
- So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding;
- Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
- If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hidden treasures;
- Then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God
- For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of His mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. (so says the Word of God for the people of God).
Za’Niyah is my “Prayer is Power Ward” and those scriptures speak to my prayer for her and for all the children of Friendship.
Dear Ones, be blessed as you walk in Him and exercise the Power of Prayer
Pastor J. Amos Jones